Monday, October 17, 2005


Prizren building 49:

This says 'pravoslavna [right faith]', from 'Pravoslavna Arhiepiskopija' and indicates that it was the door of the Orthodox Archbishopric.

[Corrected on the 14th of January 2007]

I had noted that, 'if this does say "pravoslabo..." ("slabo" meaning "poorly"), I think it might be the Cathedral Church of Saint George's infirmary.'

Anonymous commented that, 'that is not "pravoslabo..." but "pravoslavna" meaning "right faith" (orthodox),not "poor" like you were read...'; Vasilevs agreed that, 'I think,too,that the full name on these door is "pravoslavna arhiepiskopija" (orthodox archbishopy)'. This is really helpful, as I hadn't been able to tell during my visit and the only photographs I'd been able to compare this too left it unclear.

3 comments:

  1. that is not "pravoslabo..." but "pravoslavna" meaning "right faith" (orthodox),not 'poor' like you were read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think,too,that the full name on these door is "pravoslavna arhiepiskopija" (orthodox archbishopy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Rejuvenation

    ReplyDelete